Friday, May 15, 2015

Tweet Me

Something about this card makes me laugh.  I have a twitter account, but I haven't used it in years.  I know a lot of people do tweet though, so this card may just be perfect for someone.


This is another of the cards I did for a card swap a few months ago using the Close to My Heart "Pathfinding" paper.  I also used it in my Pathfinding card workshop, but we changed the sentiment to Happy Birthday because that was a little more useful for my class attendees.

This card is a fairly simple design.  I used one piece of the paper from the "Pathfinding" pack, and some Chocolate & Colonial White cardstock.  I used a strip of Gold Polka Dot Washi Tape (one of my favorite washi tapes) across the top, followed by a strip of Gold Shimmer Trim below that.  The branch, bird and sentiment are from the stamp set "Tweet Me".


I colored the branch and bird with the CTMH Shin Han Markers.  You can see here that I popped up the bird image, stamping it on the card first, then again on a separate piece of cardstock, colored and cut it out.  I like to add dimension to cards.  I also added a little Gold Bling Gem in the bottom corner of the card to add a little interest.

Here's a closer look at the "Tweet Me" stamp set.


Well, as always, thanks for taking the time to stop by.  I hope you'll come back again soon.

** Note: I'm also listing some of my cards for sale in both my Etsy shop and my Ebay shop.  You can find the links on the sidebar of this blog.  For the next few months the sales will go towards the cost of a school trip to Italy my 15 year old son will be taking next Spring.  Every little bit helps, right?  ;) **
SUPPLIES:
Stamps: Tweet Me
Inks: Olive Stamp Pad, Shin Han markers: Turquoise Blue, Sap Green & Marigold
Other: Memento Rich Cocoa Ink (non CTMH)

No comments: