Friday, May 1, 2015

Hello... Is it me you're looking for?

I don't know why, but so often when I look at the word "Hello" by itself, I think of the Lionel Richie song from back in the 80's.  I even picture the video of the blind girl he was following around the school.  Yes, back when MTV was new and cool and actually played music videos.

Either that or I hear "Hello" and I follow it up with "...Neuman".  Seinfeld fans will get it.  ;)

Anyhoo... back to my card.  This was the 3rd card we made in my April "Brushed" card workshop.  I originally designed this card for a Card Swap that I participated in.  I really like this one because it's not really the colors you first notice when look at the paper pack.  I wanted to do something with the Juniper & Pear patterned paper so I took it and added the Canary accent and I think it worked out great.



Of course, it helps that the stamp set is super cute.  I used the "Have a Happy Day" stamp set and I just love it.  That flower reminds me a bit of Mary Engelbreit from back in the day.  Am I dating myself?  

  
Isn't that fun?  Again, a stamp set that can be used with so many different paper packs and stamp colors.  And what great little sentiments.  I'll be using this set a lot more in the future.

Another fun thing I did with this card was to add that same Juniper houndstooth patterned stripe, like I did on the Mother Day/Birthday cards I made (previous post).  Apparently I can't get enough of that paper from the "Paper Fundamentals Whimsy" pack.  I also used our newer White Shimmer Trim to add two more accents.  I put a strip along the houndstooth and I also made a center for the flower by doubling up the tape and punching it with a regular 1/4" hole punch (the kind most people have around the house).  It didn't add too much bulk, but gave it a little somethin' somethin', hee hee.

Here's a closer look at the popped up flower and shimmer trim accents.

  (CTMH Exclusive Ink colors used are: CanaryJuniper & Pear)

I hope you enjoyed this card.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you for stopping by!

No comments: