Thursday, May 7, 2015

Easter Wishes... a little late, or really, REALLY early...


Oops, I suppose I should have shared this card back in March when I made it (before Easter).  Oh well, we'll call it inspiration for next Easter.  This was one of the 5 cards we made in my March card workshop.  It's a "fun fold", but I'm not sure that I know the correct name.  I call it a "Z-Fold" card.


For this card I used CTMH's "Hopscotch" paper which is no longer available.  It's the same paper I used in my last post (the "Thanks a Bunch card").  Good news though, the Stamp set is still available.  It's called "Hopping By" and it includes some very cute images and sentiments.

This is the inside of the card.  We stamped a fun sentiment and a cute little flower, which we colored with the Shin Han Markers available from CTMH.  We also added a strip of Sunset Chevron Washi Tape for a bright accent.


Here's what the card looks like opened up.  When it's closed the front panel covers the entire inside matted sentiment.


And let's not forget how cute that little bunny is.  And driving a carrot car?  C'mon, how cute is that?


Again, we used the Shin Han markers to color the bunny, his little basket of eggs and part of his car.  For the body of the carrot car, we paper pieced it using another of the fun Hopscotch papers.  Here I go again, cutting things out.  I told you I was addicted.  I think it's just darling.    

I didn't really have a ribbon to match this paper pack, so I used CTMH's Teal Shimmer Trim and attached it with our fun new Mini Stapler. So cute!

Here's a closer look at the stamp set used, "D1633 Hopping By":


I will list the supplies used on this card below.  You should be able to click on most of the items to link to my Close to My Heart website.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

**Note: I'm also listing some of my cards for sale in both my Etsy shop and my Ebay shop.  You can find the links on the sidebar of this blog.  For the next few months the sales will go towards the cost of a school trip to Italy my 15 year old son will be taking next Spring.  Every little bit helps, right?  ;)

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies Used:

Paper: Hopscotch (no longer available) 

No comments: