Monday, May 25, 2015

I AM Thankful for You

This is another unseasonal card post and although the paper and the pumpkin image are both very fall like, the sentiment is quite fitting for the holiday today.  I am thankful for all those who gave their lives fighting for our freedoms.  I truly appreciate the life I live because of those service men & women.  I AM thankful for you.


I made this card a few months ago for my card class, using one of my favorite papers, Close to My Heart's "Pathfinding" paper pack.  I really can't get enough of these fall colors and the added blue accents.


For this card I started with a base of Champagne cardstock and added three strips of  two different patterned papers.  The "Thankful for You" sentiment and the pumpkin image are from the "Thankful Heart" stamp set.

The sentiment was actually all one stamp, but I cut mine apart to make it easier for my class attendees to stamp in the three colors of Autumn Terracotta, Chocolate and Lagoon rather than using the masking technique.  That's the great thing about Close to My Heart's clear acrylic stamps, you can cut them apart and it does not affect their quality at all.  They stick right back together on the block when you're ready to use the image all as one again.

For the rest of the card, I colored the pumpkin using the CTMH Shin Han markers; Marigold and Sap Green.  I added a strip of Blue Glitter Paper (which I LOVE) and some twine and popped the pumpkin and sentiment up over that with a bit of foam adhesive.  As you know if you've seen most of my other cards, I love to add texture and embellishments.  I rarely make a flat card.  :)

Here's a look at the "Thankful Heart" stamp set.  I also used it on a card a couple of posts back, HERE.


Well that's my card for today, I hope you liked it.  As always, I've listed the supplies used at the bottom of this post with links to each item on my website.  If you have any questions, please use the "Contact Me" link on my side bar to email me.  Thank you again and have a wonderful day.

** Note: And as I've mentioned in my previous posts, I'm also listing some of my cards for sale in both my Etsy shop and my Ebay shop.  You can find the links on the sidebar of this blog.  For the next few months the sales will go towards the cost of a school trip to Italy my 15 year old son will be taking next Spring.  Every little bit helps, right? **
  
SUPPLIES:
Stamps: Thankful Heart
Embellishments: Jute Twine (retired)

No comments: