Saturday, May 2, 2015

A fun "Birthday Wishes" card

Here is another of the cards I created for a Card Swap that I participated and also used in my April "Brushed" card workshop.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, I just love the "Brushed" papers from Close to My Heart.

We didn't have a very bad Winter here in NW Oregon, but I'm still ready for some fun Spring flowers.  I love all of the bright pinks, reds, yellows and greens.

When you first glance at all of the papers in the Brushed paper pack, you tend to see more pinks, but I wanted to bring out more of the red, so I added Cranberry cardstock and stamped the sentiment with Cranberry ink.



I found the layout of this card in the CTMH Annual Inspirations catalog and just changed up the papers and stamps to fit my needs.  It's it fun?  Along with a piece of the Brushed papers I also used some of the fabulous, extra sparkly, Green Glitter Paper as an accent.  I can't get enough of all of the glitter papers Close to My Heart sells.  I also added some extra texture to the White Daisy cardstock using the Scallop Embossing Folder.  I forgot how much embossing folders really add to cards.

Here's a closer view:


The stamp set I used on this card is called "Lovely Birthday".  I really like this set.  You'll see that I also used it on my "Have a Lovely Day" card I posted a few days ago.  Here's a closer look at the set.


You can see that I also stamped the Flowers, cut them out, popped them up and added a Sparkle to each one to give some more texture.  And do you see that little tiny green & white stripe framing the sentiment?  I used a bit of our Topiary Striped Washi Tape under there.  If you've never used Washi tape, you should give it a try.  :)

Well, as always, thank you for stopping by my blog.  I've tried to add links to items used on my card but if you have more questions, please let me know.  Have a Lovely Day!  ;)

No comments: