Monday, May 11, 2015

Family & Friends Post: A nice Mother's Day

I thought I would preface this post with "Family & Friends" because SOME of my family & friends aren't especially interested in the "crafty" posts I do (Hi Tom!), so now the non-crafty posts will stand out.  ;)

We had a nice, relaxing Mother's Day yesterday.  I was hoping to lounge around a little more in the morning, but Chico and I had to go and run an early errand, so up and at 'em we went.  I did get my favorite Starbucks drink and my very favorite maple bar from a local market while we were out, so all was well with the world.

We invited my mom over for a BBQ lunch.  My dad ended up going to Eastern Oregon to be with my Grandma for Mother's Day, so we had Mom to ourselves.  Normally we also do something with Chico's mom Rose too, but she's out of town visiting her family, so it really was a small affair this year.

First we did the selfie photo shoot:  My mom and I.  Can you tell we're related?  lol


Then we needed to add the grand kids, Mateo & Jaxon



We didn't want to leave out Chico & Mr. Pickles



Okay, enough of that, it's time to eat.  We didn't do anything fancy, just hamburgers and the fixin's and a couple of salads.


Even though we were pretty full after all of that, we still somehow found room for this sweet treat.


This trifle is so pretty and delicious!  My mother-in-law was the first to find the recipe and she shared it with me.  I've made it a few times now and it's always a hit.  Just layers of Angel Food cake, Vanilla pudding, pineapple chunks, banana slices strawberries and heavy whipping cream.

A couple hours of TV watching later and the "celebration" was over.  It's always nice to spend a relaxing day with family.  I hope you all enjoyed your day as well.

Now I'm off to put some left over trifle in my belly, lol.

No comments: