Saturday, November 1, 2008

Another Halloween's come and gone

Well here are this year's Halloween photos. We really lucked out this year with not having to purchase any costumes - woo hoo!! Jaxon came home one day and said he was going to borrow a neighbor's costume -a bat. Alright, that was easy.

Mateo did want to get a particular costume this year (Commander Cody from the new Star Wars animated series) but I think we waited too long (wink). I told him it would be hard to find and too expensive even if we were able to find it last minute. So amazingly he was OK with that.

He debated between Indiana Jones and a Motorcycle Rider and choose the latter. That worked out perfect, especially thanks to Shawna, Justin and Cousin Drue who gave him all the stuff he was wearing (with the exception of the boots).

So here they were all ready to pound the pavement.







And here they are with all their loot!! Notice Mateo's organized his into piles of similar items. I'm sure he's taken a mental inventory so he'll know if Mom or Dad try to sneak something. I don't know what that face is that Jaxon's making?


























This was the first year that I didn't go with the boys. Chico and I usually both walk around with the boys and then come home and hand out candy. Last year I felt bad that all the younger kids in the neighborhood didn't get anything from our house because we were also out and about, so that's why I stayed behind. I got to see lots of cute costumes, so it was fun. I think we had close to 100 trick-or-treaters stop by!

Oh, and we lucked out with the weather too. It had rained the day before and earlier in the morning. It turned out to be a great night!

No comments: