Saturday, November 22, 2008

Inch worm, inch worm...

Remember this song?

Inch worm, inch worm
Measuring the marigolds
Could it be, stop and see
How beautiful they are

(Chorus:)
Two and two are four
Four and four are eight
Eight and eight are sixteen
Sixteen and sixteen are thirty-two

Inchworm, inchworm
Measuring the marigolds
You and your arithmetic
You'll probably go far

(Repeat Chorus)

Inchworm, inchworm
Measuring the marigolds
Seems to me you'd stop and see
How beautiful they are


I know it was originally performed by Danny Kaye in Hans Christian Andersen, but I remember it when Danny Kaye performed it on The Muppet Show. I was a Muppet Show fanatic when I was younger! When Jaxon showed me what he'd found in the yard one day, that song immediately came to mind.

Here is Jaxon with his little friend.




After I made this post this morning I found a YouTube video of Danny Kaye. It almost makes me cry, it's so sweet. I miss Danny Kaye.

1 comment:

young family said...

I think that song was one of the things that made math not so scary for me. I love Danny Kaye also. We all do, our favorites are The court jester and the inspector general.

I am a huge fan of the Muppets also. We were just checking out some funny stuff on youtube,my kids think beeker is hilarious :) The funny youtube we watched was animal, beeker, and the chef singing Danny boy, it was pretty cute.