Monday, October 20, 2008

Another Card Workshop

I had another card workshop last Sunday (10/12). I had two of my regular girls and 3 girls that had never been before. The 3 new gals are pretty avid card makers & scrapbookers, so I was a little nervous that my cards may not be up to par. Everyone said they liked all the cards and I did have a couple products that my guests had never used before, so it was all good.

Here are the cards we made this time around. I have to say that most of my cards come from artwork that I see from fellow CTMH consultants and I try to change it up just a little so I'm not totally copying it. The owl card was my own creation and I think I showed it on here a few months ago when I made 44 of them for a swap I was in.

Card #1: This was a simple little card using the CTMH stamp set "Whooo Loves You". It's one of my favorite stamp sets right now.
























Card #2: I love this card! We used the stamp set "September Word Puzzle". I really liked the color combination of Chocolate and Juniper on this card. The flowers are from the Big Blooms collection and we dyed one of the flowers the "juniper" color and then layered on a smaller flower and put a circle window charm over the "friend" stamp. Very easy to make, but looks great!!





Card #3: This was the Owl criss cross card I made for my swap a few months ago. Everyone thought it was cute. Owls are so "in" right now. Once again we used the "Whooo Loves You" stamp set like we did for card #1. I love the retro feel of that set with the owls and mushrooms. We also used the "Perfect Day" paper pack, which is my favorite new CTMH paper.



And this is the insert that pulls out.



Card #4: This was a fun fall card. I purchased this leaf stamp set "Nature's Vein" just to make this card. The leaves are fun, you first stamp the base color and then stamp the veins on after. there was a lot of fussy cutting (basically cutting around images with scissors) on this card. We just used 4 colors of card stock on this card. The alphabet is called "Doodle Alphabet", it's one of my favorites. I love the texture that the hemp and pewter embellishments gave to the card!





And finally, card #5: This was a fun 6x6 Halloween card using the "Creepy Cobwebs" stamp (which I also used in last month's card workshop) and the "Spooky Smiles" set for the pumpkin. We embossed the cobweb using white embossing powder, then sanded the purple textured card stock before stamping on it. It shows a little of the white core of the card stock. We did some more fussy cutting of the pumpkin and spider. The spider hung down from the web with a piece of "waxy flax" and we put two tiny sparkles on for his eyes. Every one's card turned out a little differently on this one because there were two different shaped pumpkins you could use and there are also four different facial expressions you could use on the pumpkin. We also added just a tiny bit of "Liquid Glass" on the pumpkin's face. That turned out to be a big hit. I think everyone ordered some. The photos aren't the best of this card, but it's very cute in person.





These card workshops are getting easier to do each time. I'm not quite as nervous. I even had one of the ladies sign up to be a consultant at this last one. That was very unexpected! Thanks for looking!!

No comments: