Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Christmas in July - Merry Christmas team challenge card

This Christmas card came about from a team challenge.  My upline Julie had sent us some miscellaneous sized pieces of the now retired "Oh Deer" papers along with some pre-stamped images (the deer, tree & sentiments).  We were to create a card with the pieces and show them off at an online holiday party.


I wish I had kept the photo I had of the "before" pieces.  It was really fun to see how different every one's cards turned out using the same pieces.  


I remember one thing that was really hard for me was to NOT use embellishments.  I almost always add sparkles or a ribbon or something, so this was difficult.  Julie had sent a small piece of Sea Glass glitter paper, so I cut a partial snowflake from it.  The piece wasn't large enough to fit the entire snowflake die, hence why it is partially hidden behind the tree.  :)

I also cut a small sliver of gold glitter paper and made some garland for the tree, creating my own embellishment - ha!  

I rarely make a single card not to be used in one of my classes, so this was indeed fun for me.

Thanks for the visit, see you soon!



No comments: