Monday, February 9, 2009

My latest card workshop

Just sharing the cards we made yesterday at my monthly card workshop. One of the participants last month suggested a monthly theme, so this month we tried a BABY theme.

I didn't have a lot of ideas ready, so it took me a couple of days of "research" to find ideas. I got some templates off the internet and a couple ideas from some fellow Close to My Heart consultants (one card was copied exactly because I loved hers so much). I used all Close to My Heart supplies and I just love how they all turned out. If by chance anyone reading this is interested in coming to one of my monthly workshops, just leave me a comment here on this post or email me at kandi@mctmh.com

Here they are... You can click on any of the photos to see them closer up.

This was my favorite card, CASEd (COPIED AS SEEN EXACTLY) from a fellow consultant named Melanie Logan. That bunny (from A Birthdy Wish) is so cute and the Argyle pattern was made using 3 different stamps (Argyle Backgrounds) and it was a lot of fun. I'll have to try more things with it.



This was a simple litte card. I used Liquid Glass on the Baby Buggy (from Random Thoughts) and it gives a nice shiny 3D effect.


A little closer up to see the Liquid Glass.


Isn't this adorable? Another fellow consultant (Deneen Treble) came up with the templates for the next two cards. I hand cut the template and traced onto cardstock and embelished with some cute accessories. Love the little flower on the dress (made with Just Blooms flower, crochet piece from White Daisy My Accents and a baby pink brad). Also we embossed it using my Cuttlebug (not a CTMH product, but I love it!).



A fun boy card! This paper is from one of the new paper packs called Stardust. The cute frog is from Fun Times.


And last but not least, I actually came up with this one myself. I love this new little bird stamp (Bird Basics)! That stamp comes with 3 different bird bodies, several different wings, feet and tail combos, too. Some of the participants used different sentiments (using For Every Occasion stamps) on the front of the card like "Hello" to "Get Well"... It's a pretty neutral card.


Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those are all super cute and fun! I think I like the overalls the best - but it's so hard to decide. Great work. :)