Saturday, June 9, 2018

Make Waves - "Whale Hello There" card

Whale hello there!  I wanted to show you a fun card I made a couple months ago using Close to My Heart's "Make Waves - Cardmaking" stamp set.


How about that purple whale?  It would be fun to see one, don't you think?  :)

This was one of those rare occasions that I did not use any patterned paper on the card, only cardstock.  I think it turned out pretty cute.  Simple and clean.  I used an image in Cricut Design Space for the waves.  They're both the same image, I just re-sized them so they would look a bit different.


You can see I used an embossing folder to create some texture on the front wave.  I also popped up the whale and the top of the front row of waves to give it some depth.  

I used "Pansy" ink and "Lagoon" cardstock on the card.  The cardstock from Close to My Heart is two toned, so the waves are made from the same sheet of paper.  Pretty cool huh?

Whale, there you go, that's my card for today.  Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Ahoy, Whale that's a terrific card! Seas the day, Kandi!