Sunday, September 9, 2012

Humble Artist's Swap - August 2012

At the end of July, I was pleasantly surprised to be asked to join a card swap that I've been an admirer of for a long time.  It's called The Humble Artist's Swap.  It's a bi-monthly swap consisting of a group of approximately 10-12 CTMH consultants headed up by fellow consultant Nancy Ball.  (I have a list of all of the "HAS" swappers on my sidebar, so you can go check out all of their fabulous work as well.)

Nancy gives a set of guidelines each round and assigns 2 different groups of swappers (so you only have to make 5 or 6 cards total).  Now these guidelines are definitely a challenge and I was a little scared that I would miss something my first try, but I think I got all of the requirements into this card.


Here were the guidelines for August:
  • Minimum 8 layers
  • Use ONLY neutrals and one color
  • Use one stamp set with the word “Background” in it
  • Use one stamp set with the word “Borders” in it
  • Have at least 2 other different stamped images
  • Use at least 3 Art Philosophy shapes
  • Minimum 3 embellishments
  • Card must be at least 4 ¼ x 5 ½ 

Whew, crazy huh?  Here's what I came up with:


I was a little worried about all of the layers, but by my count I think I got them all in there.  I counted 9 layers on my card (not counting the card base) that all overlap at one point, right under the word "make" in my sentiment.  Here's how I counted my layers:


You must also use all Close to My Heart supplies and I managed to do that as well (although, by the time of this post one of the stamp sets has since retired.

Here's a complete list of supplies used (with links to my website where available):


This sketch I used was one I found on the mojo monday website.  It's #181 from 2011.


Thanks for stopping by and come back soon!


No comments: