Nancy gives a set of guidelines each round and assigns 2 different groups of swappers (so you only have to make 5 or 6 cards total). Now these guidelines are definitely a challenge and I was a little scared that I would miss something my first try, but I think I got all of the requirements into this card.
Here were the guidelines for August:
- Minimum 8 layers
- Use ONLY neutrals and one color
- Use one stamp set with the word “Background” in it
- Use one stamp set with the word “Borders” in it
- Have at least 2 other different stamped images
- Use at least 3 Art Philosophy shapes
- Minimum 3 embellishments
- Card must be at least 4 ¼ x 5 ½
Whew, crazy huh? Here's what I came up with:
I was a little worried about all of the layers, but by my count I think I got them all in there. I counted 9 layers on my card (not counting the card base) that all overlap at one point, right under the word "make" in my sentiment. Here's how I counted my layers:
You must also use all Close to My Heart supplies and I managed to do that as well (although, by the time of this post one of the stamp sets has since retired.
Here's a complete list of supplies used (with links to my website where available):
- S1208 August Stamp of the Month: Baroque Borders (retired)
- D1477 Universal Backgrounds stamp set
- D1491 Hooray Bouquet stamp set
- C1510 Merry & Bright stamp set
- X7156B Clementine Paper Pack
- 1388 Colonial White cardstock
- X5643 Chocolate cardstock
- Z2111 Chocolate stamp pad
- Z2164 Sorbet stamp pad
- Z2175 Cashmere stamp pad
- Z1686 Cricut Art Philosophy
- Z1763 Boutique Assortment
- Z1263 Bitty Sparkles
This sketch I used was one I found on the mojo monday website. It's #181 from 2011.
Thanks for stopping by and come back soon!