Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Newest Paper Bag Album

I had a request from one of my friends to make another paper bag album. Someone she knows saw the last one I made and asked if I could make one for a baby shower gift for someone having a baby girl. So, after a couple months of procrastinating (seriously) I finally started this one on Friday night. I got to work on it in my new craft space (more on that in a later post).

I'm sure this will be boring to those not interested in crafts, but for my crafty friends I wanted to show a little more of the process. So here goes...

I actually pulled out my Cricut. I rarely use it, but thought I wanted to try some flowers in this album. It was fun. I need to use this more often.





Started with just 3 paper lunch sacks.


Then I figured out all of the layouts before glueing them to the paper bags. It's pretty fun to mix and match all of the papers, buttons and ribbons.



Here's the final product...












This one turned out quite thick with all the buttons and flowers.


This angle shows how the bags open to hold an insert for more photos or memorabelia.


And finally a shot of all the journaling tags that tuck into the pockets.


Isn't this cute? I love how it turned out. I really need to make some more of these for our craft show this fall, but you know me the procrastinator, maybe I should start now, lol.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kandi, I just love this album. Nice little tutorial too. I think I should try to make some. A good friend of mine gifted me with all kinds of pretty MME papers (wink!). Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. I'll add it to my list of "crafty to dos".
Linda

Marin said...

I'd buy one! I wish I had just a smidgin' of yours and Alicia's creativity.