Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes...

Most school mornings are filled with "I don't have anything to wear", "I don't feel good", "I'm tired!" followed by "hurry up and eat your breakfast, we need to go!", "have you guys brushed your teeth yet?!", "I said get your shoes on, we're going to be late!!". Sound familiar to anyone else?

Anyway, this morning was not one of those mornings. Chico didn't have to be to work until later, so he was here to help get the boys ready. Things went smoothly. Mateo went off to school and I was ready to leave to work and drop Jaxon off at daycare on the way.

As Jaxon and I are about to leave, this was the conversation...
Kandi: "Let's go Jaxon!"
Chico: "Hurry up and leave so I can start my party." (joking of course, well... at least I think so)
Kandi: "Jaxon, do you want to stay here and have a party with Daddy?"
Jaxon: "Will there be girls?" (whaaattt!!, I'm thinking to myself)
Kandi: "Probably, you can dance with them and shake your booty."
Jaxon: "No, the girls will probably kick me in the booty."
Kandi: "No, I think the girls will probably try to give you a kiss."
Jaxon: "Granny says I can't kiss girls!!" (aren't you proud Granny?)

That's our four year old, going on sixteen!! It made me smile to myself all morning. Ask me again in a few years though, see if I'm still smiling. Yikes!!

1 comment:

young family said...

You just wait :) Really it isn't that bad, it has it's moments but on the whole not to bad.

I just tagged you, go check out my blog:)