Thursday, September 15, 2016

Pretty little sympathy card

Wow, I can't believe I haven't posted on here since February!  Where does the time go?  Anyhoo... I'm back!  

Nothing much has changed here.  Still working at my day job, busy with family in the evenings and trying to squeeze in time to teach my monthly card classes and get ready for my fall craft bazaars.  Whew!  Well, I'm going to work on posting some recent items I've made (as well as some (now retired items) I haven't posted over the last few months).  Wish me luck!

Here's a pretty little sympathy card I made using product from the new Close to My Heart Annual Inspirations book.  


I just participated in a product swap called "Awesome Artist's Swap" with some fellow consultants and I was asked to make my items using the "Urban Home" and "Memo" Fundamentals paper packs and the matching ribbon collection.  I love both of these paper packs because they are full of neutral papers, which can go with anything.


I decided to add a pop of color with CTMH's new "Color of the Year", Sea Glass.  It really is a lovely color.  And it even comes in glitter paper.

I don't tend to make many sympathy cards in my classes or swaps but I loved the fonts used in the new "Heartfelt Thoughts" stamp set.  And unfortunately, there are times when a sympathy card is needed.  


Another requirement of the swap I participated in was to use the new CTMH Cricut Cartridge called "Flower Market", hence the lovely little bouquet on the card front.  The "Flower Market" cartridge is really pretty fantastic.  It comes with hundreds of images, both 2-D and 3-D.  Just look at the cover of the Annual Inspirations Catalog:


Those flowers all came from the new cartridge.  Lovely, aren't they?

Well, I hope you enjoyed my little card.  I've listed items used below, with links to my website.  Please let me know if you have any questions.  Take care.

** I have entered my card in the "Show us your Sea Glass" challenge over at Heart 2 Heart Challenges. **


SUPPLIES USED:
Inks: Cocoa
Embellishments: Rustic Home Ribbon Pack, Clear Sparkles
Cricut Cartridge: Flower Market
Other: Colonial White Cards & Envelopes



6 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

It's a lovely card - I really like that Sea Glass color - I need to get me some of that! LOL Good to see you back! Hugs!

Lauren said...

This is just so pretty with the touches of glitter and those beautiful Sea Glass flowers. Thanks for playing along with our Sea Glass challenge at H2H!

Brandi said...

The lace is a sweet delicate touch. I love it! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H)!

Brandi R
DT member H2H
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Laurie Levorson said...

Just stunning! The composition of your design, the colors, the beautiful sentiment are just perfect!!

Haley D. said...

Such a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us @ H2H!

Melissa Robinson said...

Very nice sympathy card. I think it's perfect. Thanks for playing with us at Heart 2 Heart!