Monday, November 2, 2015

Thinking of You - "Zoe" floral card


Hello, it's been a while.  Life just keeps getting busier and busier these days.  Anyhoo, along with our normal daily life I've still been having monthly card workshops, just failing to share what we make.  Oops.

Waaay back in August I did a card workshop using the newer "Zoe" paper pack from Close to My Heart.  I just love the bright color combination of these papers.  Here is one of the cards we made:


My inspiration was THIS CARD I found on Pinterest, created by Sandy Mathis.  For my version I used the Close to My Heat "Hooray Bouquet" stamp set.  It's a set that is not in the current catalog but is still available because it coordinates with our fabulous "Art Philosophy" Cricut Cartridge (still my favorite).

Here is a closer view of the flowers on the card:


I also used two of the new CTMH shimmer trim tapes.  The Green across the band and I hole punched the Coral to add to the center of one of the flowers.  The green shimmer trim is so sparkly in real life, it's hard to capture in a photo.  And I love adding a bit of texture with an embossing folder.  This one is the "Dot" embossing folder, a must have in my collection.

Here's a look at the Hooray Bouquet stamp set:



Well, I hope this card has brightened your day a bit.  Please visit again soon.  Cheers!

SUPPLIES USED:
Stamps: D1491 Hooray Bouquet, C1570 Lifting Spirits (for sentiment - retired)
Other: Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge, Dot embossing folder, White Daisy Cards & Envelopes, Misc. Hole Punch



1 comment:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Very nice card!! I wish I could come to your card workshops!!!
Post more, please!!