Friday, February 26, 2010

Lordy, Lordy Cindy's 40!



Today one of my "oldest" and best friends turns 40!! Wow, I still can't believe I have friends that are THAT old! lol

I've been thinking about this post all day today and wondered "How do I tell people that don't know Cindy, about her?" Well I think it's best said with the help of photos. heh heh heh...

Let me see, from a early age it was obvious that Cindy had the potential to be a super model. Just look at that natural posing ability.



And looking at this shot I can't believe she wasn't scooped up by Elite Model Management and put on the catwalks of New York and Paris. Not to mention her friend there, she's fabulous!




















And she has natural spokes model abilities. Move over Vanna White. Who are all those men in the background? Fans? They must have seen the tube top photo.



Cindy has always been a creative girl. Just look at those hand made crotcheted headbands!



Cindy has always been a bit of a "fashionista" as witnessed previously in the photo with the tube top and silky short shorts, but here's another example. Here she is rocking her Senior Prom dress.




















And who says large print is only for tops? Au contraire mon frere.




















In all seriousness Cindy's always been a wonderful and loyal friend.







She knows how to have fun.




























And she can party like a rock star, a Guitar Hero rock star that is.




















She's stuck with me in good days and bad hair days. Whoa Nellie!



She has performed her share of bride's maid and maid of honor duties.






















And when it was her time, she rocked her bridal ensemble.



Oh whoops, I guess that was her bachelorette ensemble. Here she is with her handsome hubby and two of her wonderful friends. What a beautiful bride.











Now she has a beautiful family and a new fancy schmancy smarty pants job. (Don't ask me what she does, I still don't really know.)



And still has me as a friend after almost 30 years (at least I hope so after this blog post). Who could ask for anything more, seriously? lol



I'd say that's a great first 40 years. Here's to the next 40 Cindy Mae Rambler! Cheers!!

Love,
Beulah Jean

6 comments:

Unknown said...

HAPPY 40th BIRTHDAY CINDY!!
I'm glad I cound be around for many of those years.
Great post Kandi!!

(Cindy, pretend you have a post like this on my blog. :))
~Linda

Lora said...

Kandi,

I am not sure if I want to say I am glad I haven't been a friend of yours that long (no pictures to hold over my head) or if I wish like crazy that we had been, so you could do a great tribute to our friendship. Looks like you guys have been through a lot together! Very cool and I hope she is still your friend after this blog too :)

Cheryl said...

Very nice!

Tari said...

I loved all the pics!!! This is a wonderful post! Happy Birthday Cindy!!

Heidi said...

Whoa...that was going back more than 20 years to our freshmen year dorm...we were sitting on my bed. Hope Cindy had a great 40th.

Lorrinda said...

I linked to your blog from a comment you left on mine (Thank you, you're too sweet)
I am enjoying browsing your blog, especially this post. I have a friend like this too (80's hair and all!), what a nice tribute! I may have to borrow this post idea in the future!
Lorrinda
http://isntthatsweet.blogspot.com